Topic: Tool Usage Calendar : & How to access Club Tools at Velodrome!

Home Rockwheelers Forums Trails Tool Usage Calendar : & How to access Club Tools at Velodrome!

• Author
    mymasseur
    Participant

Procedure for Tool usage and collection.

Please try and get into a habit of posting up below your intention to use the cutters. Therefor please check that no one has booked them out in the last few weeks. As we have only a few we don’t want you to arrive and find them missing. If we all get into the habit of booking them, we will all know when not to bother wasting our time. It is only a problem at the end of the wet season generally.

2 sets of keys are available for pick up from Mozzies place. In his letterbox.  **Keys Must be returned same day!**Rockwheelers have a lot going on,  many people are needing to get in to the containers.

Address: email committee member for address. Please do not broadcast this address.

Storage Container located at 60 Stuart Dr Idalia at the BMX club, velodrome (link here). Key Lock at main Gate, 2 Large shipping containers located on the left hand side along the fence line with club trailers.(Rockwheelers sign on each container).

Access to furthermost container from road has cutters and tools. 1 pad lock and some elbow grease to open container.

Bags with harness, spare line trimmer, small tools for on the go, plus fuel containers. Stihl cutters are 2 stroke.  Fuel / oil mix 50:1 (unleaded : Stihl oil) Ear protection and eye protection (helmet with face shield) or glasses and Earplugs are there and must be worn. Here are the Guidelines for useRockwheelers-Brush-Cutter-Operation

Also please wear full length clothing to cover legs as the cutters and rocks will cut your skin. Upon finishing please, if line, fuel or oil is low, please buy more and send your receipt to rockwheelerstreasurer@rockwheelers.com.au they will reimburse you, if unable please post up or message me and I will organise.

Take all tools back to container by days end, making sure you lock the containers and leave the front gate how you found it. Return the keys back to Mozzies letterbox. Simple??

If any of the cutters or equipment needs a service or is broken for any reason please post up or message me and I will organise for its repair. Perhaps you can ring me for approval, and if you have time we can get you to drop it off at a repairer for us? Any questions or anything to add let someone on the committee know.

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    mymasseur
    Participant

Intending to use the 4 stihl brush cutters and associated equipment for Juniors this Sunday 19th March all day. Please leave them for our use. I have lined up many helpers through the day.

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

Coop
    Participant

There is one cutter there with a loose kid sticker on the guard that wasn’t working when we did the cutting for the enduro. We replaced the fuel line and gave it a bit of a tune the other day and was working alright when I dropped it back.

mymasseur
    Participant

There is one cutter there with a loose kid sticker on the guard that wasn’t working when we did the cutting for the enduro. We replaced the fuel line and gave it a bit of a tune the other day and was working alright when I dropped it back.

Cheers, Coops, Not sure what that brand was? If it was the olemac, we are about to retire 2 of those. Hence why we have the 2 new stihls. Thanks for the maintenance, any costs make sure you pass them on to the Treasurer.

mymasseur
    Participant

For anyone wanting or needing The cutters, 1 of the big Stihls has a broken Head which I will get replaced this week. The other 3 are stored in a new location at someones house near the trails at Douglas, They are using them this afternoon. If anyone needs to use them they will be located there for the time being until going back to the containers this week sometime. Post up here if you need the address to pick one or some up. Or call me. number at beginning of this thread.

mymasseur
    Participant

all 4 cutters booked for this Sunday  thanks. 26/03/17

Gazza

Looking to use 1 cutter and equipment over Easter.  Intend to pick up Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.

I know one cutter is out – are the rest in the container??

mymasseur
    Participant

Sounds like 2 cutters are out, one on the hill, and one being repaired by Keith??

Trav
    Participant

Would like to use 1 maybe 2 cutters tomorrow out at Stuart.

Gazza

I still have one of the new cutters.  Still trying to get back to Douglas – upper Hammerhead still to be cut.

Flipo79
    Participant

Hi Gazza, I cut upper hammerhead Wednesday so she’s good to go. Cheers

Gazza

I cut upper hammerhead Wednesday

Legend.  Well done and thanks.

Does anyone know of any more trails that need cutting?

mymasseur
    Participant

I cut upper hammerhead Wednesday

Legend. Well done and thanks. Does anyone know of any more trails that need cutting?

I rode Whiptail last night and thought it had been cut on previous working bee but it needs cutting. also mid keelback only  a bit left.

Gazza

Ok.  Can’t get there this weekend. Between 13 and 15 May is the plan.

Gazza

I cut Whiptail yesterday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.