Topic: Tool Usage Calendar : & How to access Club Tools at Velodrome!

Home Rockwheelers Forums Trails Tool Usage Calendar : & How to access Club Tools at Velodrome!

• Author
    mymasseur
    Participant

Hi Tribe, Army is burning off from tomorrow, please get your tools off the hill or make sure they are in a clear area so as not to get burnt. Especially those trails nearest to the army side, I will email the tribe the schedule!MSTA_2017_AOI
    LCTA_AOI

Please be advised the Army is completing back burning in the vicinity of Douglas/Mount Stuart beginning 10am tomorrow Wed 7th June.This burning may affect Douglas or Stuart trails.Please keep safety first and avoid riding if there is fire or smoke near the trails you are planning to ride. If in doubt get out.

email from army,

Good morning,

You have been identified to us as a neighbour or stakeholder of Mount Stuart Training Area (MSTA)/Lavarack Close Training Area (LCTA).This is a formal notice of intent to burn.

Burns previously planned for the 31.05.17 did not proceed. <u>Burns are now planned to commence in various locations over MSTA and LCTA commencing tomorrow 07.06.17 post 10:00hrs. </u>Our crews will be on both Defence sites for the next 10 days implementing the burn program opportunistically. Burn locations and timing will be dependent on weather forecasts and conditions.Initial burns will commence in the south western area of MSTA near Ross River Dam (see map MSTA Task 4), at various locations along the eastern boundary (Task 2) , in the north, (Task 7 aerial burns) and in internal areas of LCTA (Task 4).

Relevant stakeholders will be contacted further to provide information for specific burns/potential smoke impacts as required.

All burns are being conducted under Queensland Fire and Emergency Services issued  Permit to light a fire.

For further updates on burn locations or information:

Business hours – 0400 949 936

After Hours – 0488 118 660 or 0432 057 116

Kind Regards,

Jackie McLeod

Project Management/Office Manager
    Friendly Fire Ecological Consultants

5-7 Thora Cleland Drive
    Mareeba QLD 4880
    Ph: 0400949936
    Email: <u>jackie@ffec.com.au</u>
    <u>http://www.ffec.com.au</u>
    A.B.N. 58144640095

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Coop
    Participant

Hi Folks, I’ve grabbed 2 cutters and associated paraphernalia from the container yesterday. Will be cutting Mount Stuart DH trails for GE2 and DH1 setups. Will return Monday or Tuesday. Keys were returned to Mossie’s letter box.

Gazza

I picked up one cutter and associated gear yesterday. I intend to cut Boulderdash later this week.

mymasseur
    Participant

cheers gazza, great asset!

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

Noddy
    Participant

going to have the cutters on stuart sat morning and probably a few rakes aswell.

mymasseur
    Participant

Awesome thanks Noddy, Are you returning to the container that day? as I will also be going in either Saturday arvo to collect or Sunday morn to use rakes and rake hoes for Douglas also for Dougie working bee Sunday 4th March! CHEERS MATE!

Gazza

I still have a cutter. Was planning to get some more cut before March – but that is not going to happen now. Will return it tomorrow.

My cutter has no fuel. There was none in the shed when I picked it up either-just a heads up for the weekend.

mymasseur
    Participant

using cutters this arvo, possibly all, will then give to dan cotter who will be using saturday morning for wobby crew.

Aiden
    Participant

I’ll be looking at doing some cutting on Sunday morning around 0730. I’ll check in Saturday arvo to find out if I need to go to the container or if a cutter is still left on the mountain.

mymasseur
    Participant

2 x cutters, bags, fuel now with Dan & wobby crew. Dan will post up here there location once finished as I asked him to leave on the hill.
    1 x cutter, bag on top section of frog where grass stops being cut.
    1 x cutter, bag intersection of frog/tower link.
    Fuel for both of these cutters have been refilled and left behind the bus shelter in the grass with reel of line, spare oil. Please leave oil and reel at shelter area for others to use. Also 1 plier/cutters that belong to the bag at frog/tower link, please take up.

If you use the brush cutters please post up here where they are left, if you empty fuel container please refill and take back to behind bus shelter in grass and post that also. so others can collect and take up. Send fuel receipt to rockwheelerstreasurer@rockwheelers.com.au with bank details.

mymasseur
    Participant

message from Dan Cotter:
    both cutters n fuel etc there where we finished cutting at that rocky outcrop (big rock on uphillside, 6′ chonky on down hillside).gear in grass 15m on downhill side. see photo.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Aiden
    Participant

I’ll be using the cutter left at the frog/tower link intersection tomorrow morning.

Daniel Rubach
    Participant

Trails cut this afternoon. All of upper bluering. Longway from beefwood intersection down to whiptail. Whiptail from tank end down to keelback intersection. Some of hammerhead down from the longway intersection. Thanks to jeff rubach and aiden geaney for the help. 1 wipper snipper still at spot left by dan cotter just off hammerhead. The other wipper snipper i grabbed from there is now near the whiptail entrance from tank end. I’ll hopefully be doing some more tomorrow arve if anyone else is keen.

Aiden
    Participant

The lower half of Ring Bark Frog (Frog/tower link to the Rock n Roll Fly over Bridge) has been cut. Now I believe there is a little bit left to cut at the top of Frog before it is completed. I took the cutter and bag from Frog/tower link and left them behind the ‘Easy Street’ sign at the Fly Over Bridge. The fuel canister was over 5/8 full so I didn’t fill it up (I can in future if that’s the going rule?). See attached picture.

Daniel Rubach
    Participant

Ive cut that big chonky tree back at the entrance to whiptail from windarra carpark drink stop. Cut the little creek trail before concrete path after keelback. Got a fair bit of keelback done but still more to do.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.