Topic: Tool Usage Calendar : & How to access Club Tools at Velodrome!

Home Rockwheelers Forums Trails Tool Usage Calendar : & How to access Club Tools at Velodrome!

• Author
    mymasseur
    Participant

so as best i can tell location of 4 cutters is as follows.
    1 x at keelback at end of line?
    1 x Easy Street’ sign at the Fly Over Bridge
    1 x just off hammer head lower at that rocky outcrop (big rock on uphillside, 6′ chonky on down hillside).gear in grass 15m on downhill side.
    1 x at the end of line near top of frog unknown if its fuel can made it up from behind bus stop.

trails left to cut for xcm
    rest keelback lower
    frog top
    fruit loop?
    Boulderdash?
    spiderbait?
    hammerhead down to wedgie some of
    long way from beefwood to hammer head
    Beefwood
    all trails need raking perhaps?

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

Daniel Rubach
    Participant

Hey Nathan,

Please see my comments i’ve added below regarding cutters and trails.

Id ignore any trail maps you see from mtba as these are not correct and are just something i believe they scrapped together for advertising. Id go more off the one i sent you for now. We’ll talk more about this this evening.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers Dan.

so as best i can tell location of 4 cutters is as follows.

1 x at keelback at end of line? I have this one now at home mate. I ran out of chord. Can drop it wherever you like.

1 x Easy Street’ sign at the Fly Over Bridge. Not sure about this one.

1 x just off hammer head lower at that rocky outcrop (big rock on uphillside, 6′ chonky on down hillside).gear in grass 15m on downhill side. Yes last i saw there was still one set there.

1 x at the end of line near top of frog unknown if its fuel can made it up from behind bus stop. Not sure about this one.

trails left to cut for xcm

Backside from easy st to hammerhead straight needs doing last i saw.
    rest keelback lower. Requires finishing off

frog top. I believe so

fruit loop? Yes. Part heading south from carpark toward extradash entry. And part heading north that joins onto the start of easy st.

Boulderdash? This looks like its already been done as well as the extradash section.

spiderbait? This needs doing. Just the part as you go over summit onto hammerhead. Veer onto spiderbait clockwise around to the top of frog. Not any of spiderbait that goes out towards borderline/taipan etc.

hammerhead down to wedgie some of. Just the hammerhead straight between end of backside and longway intersection. Also the fireroad that runs down from the longway/hammerhead intersection that runs between longway/hammerhead towards the walking trail coming from jcu hub. ( I will try and get this done)

long way from beefwood to hammer head. Need longway from beefwood to summit done.

Beefwood. Needs doing.

all trails need raking perhaps? I wouldnt say all mate. Just a few with a loose rocks on them. Grass cutting would take priority.

Also the little section past water tank after bitumen road climb leading to top of 21 jujmp st. ( I will try and get this done)
    And the little section starting at end redtail/easy st junction that goes through the little creeks to the start of the fruit loop section to the finish. ( I will try and get this done)
    We would also perhaps like to get a couple tempory corners cut in to make the track ride better as below. Ill talk to you about these tonight.
    1. At the top of the fireroad climb after upper bluering to turn back down the longway towards start of whiptail.
    2. Couple of corners to join hammerhead into end wedgetail.
    3.End of 21 jump st to veer left onto easy st.
    4.Corner leading onto the last fruit loop section for the finish.

TimF
    Participant

Hey guys i rode it again this morning. from what i remember still need a trim.

backside link
    backside particularly the bottom half.
    a few parts of longway.
    small top section of frog.
    beefwood needs a bit of a trim
    small part of keelback still to do
    and the fruitloop section between that ‘rollercoaster’ bit through to the creek and towards where redtail used to cross it is pretty overgrown.
    fireroad next to hammerhead and the link through to hammerhead.

Atttached is a map of what it should be bar any bitumen at start of lap.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Daniel Rubach
    Participant

Jeff rubach finished cutting keelback this evening.

Having trouble finding the brush cutter on ring bark frog. Someone who knows, please call me ASAP.

0428 621 five eight one

Sparkle, sparkle!

Oh well, at least I get an opportunity to greet all the morning riders and communicate the great joy to be had by participating in our working bee over this weekend.

Some even learning about benefits to mountain biking of joining rockwheelers.

Silver linings, rainbows and sparkles, effen sparkles.

Sparkle, sparkle!

All four brush cutters, cord, fuel containers, PPE and bits and pieces are now back in the shipping containers.

Sparkle, sparkle!

Coop
    Participant

Anyone have the keys for the containers. Neither set at mozzie’s place at the moment and no note or card left as to who has them. I was hoping to get the GE 1 course set up and cut this arvo and tomorrow.
    Please let me know on 0401695849

Coop
    Participant

Ok so now I have the keys I’ve grabbed two cutters to finish he GE1 course. I’ve also grabbed the race trailer to tidy it up and get it organisied again so I still have the keys but I’ve left my contact details where the keys are usually stored.

mymasseur
    Participant

only been one set of keys last few months. has been interesting.

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

Gazza

Are the brush cutters out or in the container? I called in on Monday night to check and pick one up, but no key.

mymasseur
    Participant

keys seem to be big issue atm, tried to get us some free dirt delivered today needed key to gate at fire range end, I got reply after i had headed off to work this morn and just reading it now. so presume no dirt would have been unloaded. missed opportunity, prob something for committee to consider? Keys, how many , who, where?

Gazza

I picked up one brush cutter and associated kit today. FYI both keys were there.

Coop
    Participant

I have 1 brush cutter out to prep for GE2. I’ll drop it back Friday morning.

mymasseur
    Participant

would love to get hold of a cutter perhaps use one of the new club stihls a few afternoons this week coming. Are they and the PPE in bags still available at the container and via the above system?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.