Topic: Dam Dark 2017 – 28/29 October

Home Rockwheelers Forums XC Rides Dam Dark 2017 – 28/29 October

• Author
    Gazza

With less than a week till entries close you need to get those teams organised.

Don’t forget the social ride this Thursday 12 October where we will be riding course 2.

And there is a working bee this Sunday 15 October which is our last chance to give the trails some love…..

Contact the Dam Dark email if you can help out at the working bee or any volunteer positions.

Gazza

If you want a shirt – ENTRIES CLOSE TODAY

We had 37 at the social ride last night, 2 big groups who tackled the trails at the dam. The trails are bedding in nicely with smooth but somewhat dusty tracks. There are still a few places to be cleaned up and a bit of brush cutting to be done.

The final working bee is this Sunday 15 October. Meet at the dam gate at 6:30am.

Gazza

While the trails at the dam are well on the way to being race ready they are likely to be a little dusty. It is highly recommended you get yourself a set of clear glasses. Safety glasses work well but if you want a more stylish option talk to the team at BNG Cycles.
    Dusty-Ride

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rowdy1
    Participant

Yes

Rowdy1
    Participant

I’m not doing well with posting on the forum with my smartphone.

Rowdy1
    Participant

Gazza, hi. How do I volunteer?

Leonie

Gazza

Hi Leonnie… you just did 🙂 Let me know what you would like to do. I think Michael may need a hand with registrations and handing out T shirts.

Send me an email with your shirt size damdark@rockwheelers dot com dot au

Gazza

How good was that….
    We had 19 people at the working bee on Sunday… almost too many to count 🙂
    Workbee
    Then we get a bit of soaking rain
    Smiling-cloud-2
    With just a little more rain the trails should bed in and be in superb condition for the social ride Thursday and the race in less than 2 weeks.

Attachments:
    Gazza

Due to the rain and trail closures at the dam this weeks Thursday night social ride has been cancelled.

Unfortunately we are not able to re schedule due to time restrictions. However as soon as the dam trails become open it would be an ideal time to check out the trails which should be in excellent condition after the soaking rain through the week. Please note the dam trails are only available to Rockwheelers members at weekends as per our agreement with the council.

We have also continued to register entries – while the time for a T shirt order has passed you can still enjoy the best of the Dam Dark including the trails and the other freebies that come with it. Register in the normal way via the web site.

Gazza

Unfortunately the trails at the dam are still closed due to the rain, which means we won’t get a good look at the trails till race day, tomorrow week.

While sad, I say this with a smile on may face as the rain has come at a perfect time not only for our water supply but the fact it will keep the dust down and make the riding sooooo much better in the race 🙂

Gazza

The rain has stopped and the forecast looks great…..
    Weather
    Bring on the Dam Dark 2017

Attachments:
    Gazza

Had a final check of the trails this morning. All looking good with the trails and the quarry area in excellent condition.

I am about to send out a final instruction to all riders.

Michael
    Participant

I’ve crunched the results, and here they are.

Well done to those who raced and partied, and not necessarily in that order.

See you all next year.

2017-Dam-Dark-Results

Attachments:
    Gazza

Dam Dark 2017 is done and dusted. A big thanks to all the competitors and helpers who made the event a success.

A huge thank you to some special helpers;
    Tim Hughes – Tim stepped in when ever I needed it. He used several of his days off out at the dam working on the trails, he organised the junior team to do many of the jobs I couldn’t get filled. Was always helpful and nothing seemed to both him. A great club member. Then there was his crew who ran the BBQ, Tony who cut the grass in the camping area, Steve and the other who turned up for the working bee.

Tony Vickers stepped in to be sweep when he chose not to ride. Tony ended up getting more riding than he though sweeping the trails and changing the courses. He also helped out with the novelty events and did a great job picking up the marking bunting on his final laps. Tony was also our first aid officer which luckily didn’t take much time at all. The night ran so smoothly thanks to his work – thanks.

Michael D, who helped with numerous late entries and answering all the queries that would come at the last minute when the registrations were outside the ‘normal range. Michael was also on site through the whole event.

Justin who took my words and spread them around to keep everyone informed. Always happy to put out an email or facebook post.

Geoff Jordan who paid the bills often on short notice allowing the event to run so smoothly.

Leonie who helped out with the shirts on the day – one less job for me made a huge difference.

Tony Paroz, who couldn’t ride but still managed to help out for several hours with parking – another job I didn’t have to be concerned with.

Josh and Paul who manned the gate – thankyou

Danny, Tim and Tony helped with transporting the gear to the quarry – big thanks for making my life easier.

The working bee crew; Lou, Leah, Cheryl, David, Shaun, Daniel, Susie, Richard, Mozzy, Greg H, Aneta, Tony, and all the juniors crew who Tim organised. All riders should be thanking this team for making the course so smooth – amazing work.

I have heard many positive things about the event – the course, the organisation and how many happy riders there were through transition and on the course proper. With virtually no complaints I am glad so many had a good time.

I would also like to thank the riders for the small things like taking your rubbish home. I did a sweep of the camp ground at the end and had nothing to show for it, so well done.

Gaz

Michael
    Participant

The results have been revised.

2017-Dam-Dark-Results-v2

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.