Topic: How to Use These Forums

Home Rockwheelers Forums Website & Tech How to Use These Forums

• Author
    mymasseur
    Participant

getting this now on sign in, not sure if it matters?

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Protect-your-privacy/Insecure-password-warning-in-Firefox/ta-p/27861

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

havok011101

would be good to be able to re edit posts that have been posted, to change some info. also we had a count last forum to see how many people were reading posts, handy to know if people are accessing content that i may post for trail adoptee info. to measure its usefulness as a medium? so it let me edit here but not on Trails forum???

Not sure on this – I’ll leave it to Peter to follow up on permissions/Have a look tomorrow when I have more time.

havok011101

getting this now on sign in, not sure if it matters? https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Protect-your-privacy/Insecure-password-warning-in-Firefox/ta-p/27861

Can you change your password to something that isn’t “password” please??

Sorry jokes aside, again will look into this later. Is your password complex?? (Upper, Lower, Characters, Numbers, Doesn’t contain actual words)

I’ll check if we have any enforcement on complexity, it could just be Firefox trying to be smart/helpful.

Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

Hey all, that notification is just a new Firefox feature where it alerts you that the site doesn’t use https, instead it only uses http. Because the site is not processing credit card information https isn’t worth the cost at this time. You can ignore the warning.

mymasseur
    Participant

would be good to be able to re edit posts that have been posted, to change some info. also we had a count last forum to see how many people were reading posts, handy to know if people are accessing content that i may post for trail adoptee info. to measure its usefulness as a medium?

so it let me edit here but not on Trails forum???

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

Gazza

I agree with mymasseur on editing posts.  I think we should be able to edit any post we make including article comments on the front page.

mymasseur
    Participant

Also please, i have a really important document to upload for all trail adoptees to access for the future, it is 54 kb over the 1 mb allowance can  we please get this uploaded somehow????? plus the edit thing still!!!

Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

I increased the file size limit, should be good to go now. I’ll look into the editing of previous posts. I can edit previous posts on my end so it may be a permissions setting. I’ll check it out.

mymasseur
    Participant

I increased the file size limit, should be good to go now. I’ll look into the editing of previous posts. I can edit previous posts on my end so it may be a permissions setting. I’ll check it out.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

Ok so you should now be able to edit all of your forums posts. I can work on making something to allow you to edit comments on articles as well.

mymasseur
    Participant

Awesome thanks heaps

mymasseur
    Participant

Just tried twice to upload and start new heading under trails, Trail management plan, attached pdf 1054kb and couple of paragraphs but doesnt seem to be posting?

mymasseur
    Participant

I just edited tool usage and collection post under trails for first time and now it also has gone missing?????? Every time I post on or start new heading the whole thing has dis-appeared. Hope its still there in the background somewhere?????

Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

Those topics appeared for me last night and I checked it out this morning. The anti-spam system set the edits and new topics to “pending” because it had more than 2 links in it. I have changed the system so that it will only set it to pending if there is 10 or more links.

mymasseur
    Participant

Is there a secret forum still available?? We used to have one for different members, think committee had one?? And some other users. I would like to Set one up for the TBC, Trail Building Committee so we can store some info to share to the committee and new people that come on, easier hand over that way?? Good place for all of us to access written content, laws etc. Unless there is another way at present??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.