Topic: How to Use These Forums

Home Rockwheelers Forums Website & Tech How to Use These Forums

• Author
    Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

The new Rockwheelers forums work in a similar way to most online forums.

You can start threads and reply to others.

You will need to register an account to participate in the forums.

Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

This is a reply to a thread. In case you don’t already know you can use the tools above the content editor to style your posts.

Bold Text

Italic

Different Colours

Different Fonts

Big Text

Small Text

• Dot
    Links

Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

Make sure you select the Visual editor if you want to use the style tools, as shown below.

Forums-Visual-Editor

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

You can add images to your posts by scrolling past the text editor to the attachments section as shown in the image below. If you want to see a full size image, just click on it.

Forums-Add-An-Attachment

You can upload most file types and even documents to your posts.

To display the image with your reply or topic text press on Insert Into Content once you have selected a file. This will generate a small BBCode which is where your images will display once you press the Submit button.

Forums-Image-In-Content

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Michael
    Participant

Is there a way to unhighlight read posts?

Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

Not sure what you mean, there shouldn’t be any highlighted posts as all except for sticky threads.

Michael
    Participant

Not sure what you mean, there shouldn’t be any highlighted posts as all except for sticky threads.

In the old forum, when you read the thread, it went from red to black, showing that you have read all in that thread. In this version, all read threads seem to stay orange.

Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

Oh ok, yeah that feature doesn’t exist in this forum but I can look at making it.

Gazza

I wouldn’t mind a button that would show new posts since my last visit – if it is there I can’t find it 🙂

mymasseur
    Participant

also not getting emails or notifications of replies to adopt a trail page. anyway it can email like old forum?

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

mymasseur
    Participant

and yes i checked the box below

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

I have worked on the emails situation, so let me know if you are not getting notification emails from today.

I’ll look into something to show unread posts as well.

Rockwheelers
    Keymaster

Ok so unread topics now show an arrow icon next to them if they have unread posts inside.

Gazza

Very good.  Seem to work well.

mymasseur
    Participant

would be good to be able to re edit posts that have been posted, to change some info. also we had a count last forum to see how many people were reading posts, handy to know if people are accessing content that i may post for trail adoptee info. to measure its usefulness as a medium?

so it let me edit here but not on Trails forum???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.