Topic: Dam Dark Survey

Home Rockwheelers Forums XC Rides Dam Dark Survey

• Author
    Gazza

Just a reminder to complete the Dam Dark Survey mentioned in the article here;

https://www.rockwheelers.com.au/info/feedback-requested-dam-dark-2016/

I am looking for some direction from the riders to see the direction this race should go.  If you don’t want to do the survey and don’t want to reply online you can always email me at the damdark email.

mymasseur
    Participant

have you asked justin to email out and post on fb?

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

havok011101

Yes and yes – there was a FB post a few weeks ago, email to members, and an article on the website main page. We will repeat the email and Facebook posts this week before we call the survey “run”.

Are you not getting our emails again? It was sent 25/04 – probably not the best day.

Gazza

The results of the Dam Dark Survey are in 🙂   Thank you to everyone who provided some feedback, your opinions are important and I wish I could follow all of your suggestions.

Sadly, the economics and practical aspects of our club and events don’t always work out with everything we want to include.

I can confirm the 2017 Dam Dark will follow a similar format to previous years.  While you can race seriously, the primary aim of the Dam Dark is that it is our end of year celebration/party so will retain the relaxed format of previous years.

The course will be very similar with the three courses progressing from hardest to easiest throughout the night.  I will also try and remove some of the rockier sections to make the riding more comfortable 🙂

Meals are to be reduced to keep costs down and we’ll bring back some of the old novelty events in addition to the new ones.

If I could pass on one thing to all riders, it is read the web site.  While some event notifications will be on facebook the accurate and detailed information will be on the web site.  This will include where to camp, timing and schedule, meals and anything you could want to know.

The 2017 Dam Dark is scheduled for the weekend of 28/29 October.  In the weeks leading up to the race we will be running some social rides to show you the course and get some practice night riding.

In addition we will be running some working bees to smooth out those rocks and hopefully get the grass (weeds) in the quarry camp area cut down to size.

I look forward to seeing you all at the 2017 Dam Dark.  If you would like to help out with any aspect of this years race please contact me at: damdark at rockwheleers dot come dot au.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.