Topic: 27.5" wheel recommendations

Home Rockwheelers Forums Gear & Tips 27.5" wheel recommendations

• Author
    Dave Fellows
    Participant

Looking to replace the exsisting wheels and tyres on my Merida as they seem to weigh as much as the frame and forks… I’ll be doing cross country and the longer endurance rides, and some touring,  so something lightweight but strong, tubeless preferably but not vital.  Don’t want to be paying the price of a small car either..

Any recommendations?

Dave

Jordo
    Participant

Hi Dave,

I’d recommend a set of Stans Arch Mk3.

Not sure what your budget is, but these rims are strong, light and a lot cheaper than carbon rims.

You may be able to pick up other decent 650b wheelsets near new.  Keep an eye out on ebay, facebook or the forum.

Cheers  Jordo

mymasseur
    Participant

Hi Dave, I’d recommend a set of Stans Arch Mk3. Not sure what your budget is, but these rims are strong, light and a lot cheaper than carbon rims. You may be able to pick up other decent 650b wheelsets near new. Keep an eye out on ebay, facebook or the forum. Cheers Jordo

What he said ^^^^^

"I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it!" "Cake or Death?"

gary42
    Participant

gday dave

i changed out my wheels on my giant trance with a set of mavic crossride tubeless,came with mavic tyres as well,they wore well got 10 months out of them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.