The 2016 Douglas Trails Project is now complete!
The 3 projects committed to in our funding applications have been completed well within budget.
- Pump Track – Stage 2
- Flow Trail
- Cross Country Trail – Up the Backside
The cost savings have meant that we have been able to complete a lot of additional upgrades.
- upgrade Hammerhead from The Long Way to start of new XC trail
- extend XC trail from tower to Easy Street
- new juniors skills loop – “Thursdays”
- link to Boulder Dash from Fruit Loop – “Extra Dash”
- upgrade and complete Jump Street including new entry on to Easy Street
- upgrade Redtail / Easy Street junction
- extend Rock & Roll from the meat grinder to the bridge
The final project cost $118,250.
The State Government (funding body) inspected the projects (early November) and were suitably impressed with the work in general and with the Douglas Mountain Bike Reserve overall. There is some final paperwork to be completed by end of January and then the project will be 100% complete.
The new Flow Trail, bottom section of Taipan and the new bottom section of Rock & Roll will remain closed until we have decent rain.